Anthem Blue Cross of California 2020 Medicare Supplement plans offer those who live in the state of California a full line up of Medicare Supplement plans (MediGap) to choose from. There are 11 Federally standardized Medicare Supplement plans (A, B, C, D, F, High Deductible F, G, K, L M and N). All insurance companies offering Medicare Supplement plans must offer Plan A, although do not have to offer any others. The Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement plans available for 2020 are Plans F, G and N. Each plan varies in cost and each health plan offers a different set of benefits. Choosing a Medicare Supplement Plan is easy to do. These plan types help pay some of the healthcare costs (gaps) that Original Medical doesn't cover, like copayments, coinsurance and deductibles.
THE MOST POPULAR PLANS: F, G, N
- Plan F = 100% coverage.
- Plan G = $198 deductible, then 100% coverage.
- Plan N = $198 deductible, then $20 copay for outpatient visits.
- All three provide 100% coverage for Inpatient Hospital services.
Plan F and the New Innovative Plan F, provide 100% coverage, which means when you see a doctor or hospital, you do not pay a co-pay or deductible. Plan G is similar to Plan F, although it has an outpatient deductible of $198. Plan N, you are responsible for the $198 deductible along with a $20 copay for outpatient visits.
Over 70 years of serving Californians … As a not-for-profit health plan, Blue Shield of California is guided by its mission and values to provide Californians with access to quality health care coverage at an affordable price. As fellow Californians, Blue Shield understands your unique needs and offer several types of health plans designed to meet those needs. Established in 1939 … Blue Shield is a time tested financially sound company that you can count on. In 2010 Blue Shield received “A” financial strength ratings from Standard & Poor’s and AM Best, and covers more than 2 million members with individual and employer group plans throughout California.
Original Medicare is essentially a national health care program for people age 65 or older, or for individuals under age 65 with certain disabilities and / or with ESRD (end-stage renal disease – kidney failure). Original Medicare is quite good coverage, although there are many gaps (deductibles, coinsurance, copays, etc.) which are not covered by Medicare that you need to be aware of.
Anthem Blue Cross of California Plans At A Glance
- Plan A is our basic Medicare Supplement Plan. It includes Medicare Part A and B copayments, coinsurance and more.
- Plan F has been their most popular plan to date and includes coverage for Medicare Part A and B deductibles, copayments and coinsurance, plus skilled nursing facility care, foreign travel emergencies, 100 percent coverage of Medicare Part B excess charges and more. However ONLY FIRST Eligible for Medicare before 2020 may purchase Plan F or High Deductible Plan F
- Plan G for many is a more cost effective choice then Plan F as it covers all the same benefits except the cost of covering the Part B Deductible.
- Plan N has the same benefits as Plan D except that with Plan N you would be responsible for paying up to a $20 copayment for office visits and up to a $50 copayment for visits to the emergency room.
Anthem “Innovative” Medicare Supplement Plans
Innovative Plan F – The New 2020 Anthem “Innovative” Plan F provides the same coverage as the traditional Plan F but now also offers ‘hearing’ and ‘vision’ benefits at no additional cost. And coming soon are Innovative Plans G and N. Anthem in California now has Innovative Plans F, G and N.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE
Plan F has been the most popular plan to date nationally and includes coverage for Medicare Part A and B deductibles, copayments and coinsurance, plus skilled nursing facility care, foreign travel emergencies, 100 percent coverage of Medicare Part B excess charges and more,
However ONLY FIRST Eligible for Medicare before January 1st 2020 may now purchase Plan F or High Deductible Plan F. The New 2020 Anthem “Innovative” Plan F is also available and it provides the same coverage as the traditional Plan F but now also offers ‘hearing’ and ‘vision’ benefits at no additional cost.
If you have turned age 65 prior to January 1, 2020 you are eligible to enroll in a Plan F type supplement. If you turn age 65 AFTER Januray 1, 2020 you ARE NOT eligible to enroll in a Plan F supplement. Also if you are older than age 65 prior to January 1 but you are still working and may retire in 2020 you will be eligible to enroll in a Plan F.
HEARING BENEFIT (INCLUDED):
- 1 routine hearing exam every 12 months.
- Fitting evaluation for a hearing aid(s).
- $750 allowance toward a hearing device(s) every year.
VISION BENEFIT (INCLUDED):
- $25 Exam copay – once every year.
- $25 lens copay – once every year.
- $100 allowance for frames – every 24 months.
- $100 allowance for contact lenses – every 12 months, in lieu of eyeglass lenses.
Nurseline (Included) – Provides access to a registered nurse 24/7.
Medicare Part D Rx plans … You will also need to enroll in a separate Medicare part D Rx plan, which will help you pay for your prescription costs. A good place to start you search is right here. Simply email a list of your current medications along with the dosage and frequency. I’ll enter the information into the Medicare system, to come up with the top 3 plans for your prescription list. The results will show the best three plans for coverage and cost for your medications. I will then email the results to you.
If you are ever Hospitalized, you need to be aware of the term; Observation Status. This is being admitted into the hospital as outpatient, even if you are there for several days. This may have expensive consequences. Click here for more info.
Do you Qualify for a Medicare Supplement… Medicare Supplement policies do not have an annual open-enrollment period like Medicare Advantage policies. In order to be offered a policy on a guaranteed issue basis, one must enroll within 6 month of starting Medicare, or within 2 months of exiting an employer health insurance policy. There are many “guarantee issue” rules.
30 Day Free Look period … If you are still not sure if you are going to keep the Blue Shield Medicare Supplement policy, simply cancel within 30 days and receive all of your money back … No questions asked.
$AVE MONEY WITH OPTIONAL DISCOUNTS
Save $2 on your monthly premium! Enroll in our Automatic Bank Draft or Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) program and you will save $2 on your monthly premium. (To enroll, simply complete the Premium Payment Form.)
OR Save $48 by paying your premium for the entire year! (Note: Based on the policy effective date, the discount may be pro-rated the first year.)
Save 5% when more than one member in the household enrols in a Medicare Supplement plan with us. The discount is for policies with effective dates of June 1, 2010 or after and available to those members who occupy the same housing unit
Save $240 – “New to Medicare Discount”… Anthem offers a “New to Medicare Discount of $20 per month off their Medicare Supplement plan F premiums. As long as you are within 6 months of your Medicare Part B effective date, the discount is for the first 12 months of coverage and will end at the policy’s one year anniversary.
FITNESS FOR BOOMERS AND BEYOND
Anthem includes Silver Sneakers fitness program with their Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage plans. SilverSneakers is the premier fitness program provided at no cost with all Anthem Medicare Supplement policies. Millions of members, thousands of gyms. Classes designed for all abilities. And our community is active, welcoming and fun.
Two-party Enrollment - You may be able to sve on your plan dues if you and your spouse or demestic partner are age 65 and covered under one agreement. Two-party rates do not apply to High Deductible Plan F and Plan K. Two-party rates do not apply to tobacco users.
Vision Care discounts … Blue Shield Medicare Supplement members save 20% on a wide range of products and services, including eyeglass frames, lenses and tints.
Anthem Extra’s Package
Healthy teeth and eyes help contribute to your overall well-being. That’s why Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem) created Anthem Extras Packages – with your overall health in mind. We offer three packages to complement your Medicare Supplement plan – and help you reach for better health. Our Standard, Premium and Premium Plus packages offer valuable benefits and services, such as:
- Packaged dental and vision coverage that offers extra preventive benefits
- Support services and tools to help you maintain good overall health and well-being
And best of all, these packages are available for a monthly plan premium ranging from $25 to $61. The benefits in each package will roll up to one overall premium, and you will receive one ID card for these services. Interested in dental coverage only? Good news. Our Dental Policy Only offers the same dental benefits as the Premium Plus Package on a stand-alone basis without the other package components.
Why Anthem Blue Cross of California?
- Stable premiums. In most cases, Anthem members will pay less over a 3 to 5 year period compared to other companies.
- Access to any physician or hospital who is Medicare-Approved in the US. (No referrals necessary).
- $0 out of pocket costs when you see a doctor or hospital with Plan F.
- Policy cannot be canceled from underneath you regardless of claims history.
- No claim forms.
- Some companies will have two rates; a “new member rate” and also a “current member rate.” They will advertise the lower “new customer ” rate, while their existing members are paying the higher “current customer rate.” Anthem has doesn’t play these games, they have only “1” rate which I believe is much better for their customers.
- Like Blue Shield of California, Anthem Blue Cross of California is a heavy weight in 3 primary markets in California (Individual/Family, Small Business, and Senior). Although they are seperate companies in direct competition with each other there are differences in product choice, rates, customer service, and online member services. Anthem unlike Blue Shield of California is a power house that operates in more than 14 states under the Anthem Brand. Blue Shield of California is dedicated to only those who live and work in California... a not for profit entity.
No Broker Fees … All premiums are the same regardless of where or who you enroll through.
California Birthday Rule - In Califronia you have what is called the Birthday rule with Medicare Supplement plans. You are able to switch companies each year on your birthday regardless of your health status. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON BIRTHDAY RULE.
Enroll Today – please call anytime and I will help you through the enrollment process. I will make sure the process is quick and accurate.
Two ways to enroll:
- Download Enrollment Form - when complete simply Scan and Email to "firstname.lastname@example.org" or if you choose mail it to us:
Attention Timothy Jennings
P O BOX 1656
AFTON, WY 83110
- Enroll ONLINE - Complete your quote and plan selections Online. Once you have select the Supplement Plan of your choice and added any Dental and Vision benefits you can complete the enrollment Online.
Travel Medical Insurance – Medicare does not provide coverage outside the U.S.